On this Australia Day cruise you enjoy Sydney Harbour’s most authentic Aussie experience.
As the sun sets on Australia Day – the sky lights up!
As the sun comes down over Sydney on Australia Day, Fantasea Cruising invites you to join us onboard our flagship catamaran for a twilight cruise on Sydney Harbour.
Step on board our three-level beauty, offering an array of seating arrangements, an open-air sun deck for uninterrupted Australia Day viewing, 7 widescreen LCD televisions, climate control air conditioning, licensed bar, and live entertainment. With so much to do and see on Australia Day is there anything better than escaping the crowds onto your awaiting vessel, ready to whisk you away into the sunset?
Fantasea Cruising’s Australia Day fireworks cruise will be overflowing with the excitement of our nation’s day, so join us as we bask in the festivities of the tug and yacht ballet, spectacular water-show and finale, when once again the Sydney sky is alight with a spectacular fireworks display.
Australia Day live Program Includes:
6:30 to 7:30PM – Pre-concert entertainment
– Heritage and Working Boats Parade of vessels that call Sydney home
– NSW Australians of the Year do a loop of Circular Quay by boat
– Aussie classic hits sing along
7:30 PM to 9:30 PM — Concert live and televised around the country
7:30 PM — Welcome to Country performance
8:00 PM — Tug and Yacht Ballet performed by a flotilla of maritime vessels
8:20 PM — Sunset Ceremony featuring performances by special guests and a dazzling lighting and fireworks spectacle
8:45 PM — Tribute to Opera sung by special guest and choir, accompanied by a stunning yacht ballet and lighting display, jet skis and fireworks
9:00 PM — Quay-wide party with an exciting on-water show and fireworks
9:15 PM — Spectacular finale with live musical medley of Australian classics synchronised with jet skis, flyboards and a breathtaking lighting and fireworks display.
Best Dressed “As Aussie As” Competition
Calling all Sheila’s, blokes and happy little vegemite’s!
It’s set to be a scorcher in the big smoke, so don’t do ya’ block, escape every man and his dog, grab your cobber and crack a tinny as Fantasea Cruising deliver the goods cruising right under the Coat hanger…
Get into the spirit of what it means to be an Australian and pay tribute to your favourite Aussie Icon. Dust off your flannie, slap on temporary tats, zinc up your nose and Bob’s your uncle! Give it a crack and let your inner bogan shine, it’s going to be the Cat’s pyjamas!
Are your photos instagood or Facebook famous?
- Package Inclusions
• 3 hours aboard Fantasea Cruising’s flagship catamaran Catalina
• Be amazed by the precise movements of the Tug and Yacht Ballet
• Look to the skies to catch the spectacular fireworks display
• Enjoy great views of Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House
• Receive a complimentary beverage on board with the option to purchase additional drinks and snacks from our friendly crew at the onboard bar.
• Chill out to live tunes preformed by Darren Rolling Keys
• Best dressed “As Aussie as” competition with three exciting prizes up for grabs!
- Vessel Features
• Plentiful seating arrangements
• Spacious viewing decks
• Licensed bar
• Climate controlled air conditioning
• FREE WIFI available
• PA and sound system
• Multiple modern marine toilets, some vessels with wheelchair accessibility
How long will the cruise be?
- The proposed charter duration is 3 hours.
How do I check in?
- Please bring a printed copy of your confirmation and check in with one of our team at the Fantasea Cruising, Darling Harbour store located at Pier 26, beneath Helm Bar.
- At check-in you will receive a boarding pass for your vessel
- Boarding Passes will be available for collection from 9:30am on the day of travel. Please note that you will not be able to check in prior to this date.
- Once you have checked-in, staff will direct you to the boarding wharf where you will meet the vessel.
What if I can’t print out my ticket/s?
- Whilst we do recommend printing your tickets for ease of check-in, if for any reason you cannot print your tickets please bring along your email booking confirmation or provide check-in staff with your name and booking reference number – have your ID handy just in case.
What time should I arrive?
- We recommend you arrive at least 45 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time.
What should I wear?
- Comfortable weather appropriate clothing and footwear. Sun protection is a must even on overcast days.
Is there anything else I should bring?
- Your camera.
- Cash. eftpos facilities are available but can be limited.
Is the boat suitable for children?
- Yes, the Fantasea Catamarans are family friendly, children must always be supervised by an adult. Please Note: an infant, regardless of age is considered a passenger.
Can I BYO?
- There are a variety of snacks on board for sale, but you are welcome to bring along something to eat.
BYO BEVERAGES ARE NOT PERMITTED.
How many people will be on board?
- Each vessel will be capped to the appropriate number of guests for both comfort and safety. If you would like to know exactly how many guests will be on board the vessel you are booking please speak to one of our friendly team members.
Will the boat go out of the heads?
- We do not leave Sydney Harbour on our Australia Day Cruise.
Can I smoke on board?
- Fantasea Cruising promotes a smoke free environment and for that reason you will notice no ashtrays on board. Smoking is not permitted on any of the Fantasea Cruising vessels.
very good cruise. the crew were friendly and professional led by Lisa being a great hostess. more and better food than i expected. the boat was not overbooked so there was plenty of opportunity to go anywhere on it to view whatever was happening on the harbour. they showed good client service and flexibility in asking the passengers whether we would be happy to stay out on the water for an extra 20 odd minutes to watch the end of the tall ship race. even though we are local sydneysiders, we would go again next year or the year after.” – Nicholas M | Jan 16 A Viator reviewer Read this review on Trip Advisor
Best place to be on Australia Day for the harbour events. Captain put the boat in the right place for everything, even stayed out an extra half hour to complete one of the races. Couldn’t fault it.” – Alice F | Jan 16 A Viator reviewer Read this review on Trip Advisor