Celebrate the night in style with unforgettable New Year’s Eve Cruises on Sydney Harbour with Fantasea Cruising.
Experience the Spectacular Sporting Event of the Year!
Join us as we get amongst the action in the build-up to the most anticipated ocean race on the Australian summer sporting calendar.
The Rolex Sydney to Hobart yacht race has become an icon as yachts from all over the world prepare to take part in the once-a-year adventure. The Sydney to Hobart race is famous both locally and internationally and is considered by many to be the toughest short ocean race in the world. It is an event which sees professionals and amateurs alike compete for the elusive title. On December 26, a fleet of over 90 yachts will jostle into position on Sydney Harbour for the start of the race. Since its inception in 1945, the race has always started on Boxing Day in Sydney Harbour.
Join us aboard Fantasea Cruising’s ‘Boxing Day’ cruises as we witness the start of this classic sporting event, experience what it’s like to be part of this epic race as we chase the competitors out of the heads as far down as *Bondi!
At Fantasea Cruising we pride ourselves on providing an experience like no other! Boxing Day is one of the most exciting days on Sydney Harbour, and there’s no better way to enjoy it than on one of our Boxing Day cruises.
- Package Inclusions
- 3 hours aboard a modern Fantasea catamaran
- Soak up the atmosphere of the pre-event build up
- Experience the famous Sydney to Hobart Yacht race
- Get amongst the action as we try to match the speed of these amazing machines, chasing them out of the heads as far as Bondi Beach (offshore cruise’s only).
- Enjoy a light lunch and a cold beverage as we watch the fleet of racing yachts jostle for prime position
- Additional drinks and snacks are available for purchase from our friendly crew at the on board bar
- Vessel Features
- Plentiful seating arrangements
- Spacious viewing decks
- Licensed bar
- Climate controlled air conditioning
- FREE WIFI available
- PA and sound system
- Multiple modern marine toilets, some vessels with wheelchair accessibility
- Offshore suitability
1. How long will the cruise be?
The proposed charter duration is 3 hours.
2. How do I check in?
• Please bring a printed copy of your confirmation and check in with one of our team at the Fantasea Cruising, Darling Harbour store located at Pier 26, beneath Helm Bar.
• At check-in you will receive a boarding pass for your vessel *Boarding Passes will be available for collection from 9:30am on the day of travel. Please note that you will not be able to check in prior to this date.
• Once you have checked- in, staff will direct you to the boarding wharf where you will meet the vessel.
3. What if I can’t print out my ticket/s?
Whilst we do recommend printing your tickets for ease of check in, if for any reason you cannot print your tickets please bring along your email booking confirmation or provide check in staff with your name and booking reference number – have your ID handy just in case.
4. What time should I arrive?
We recommend you arrive at least 45 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time.
5. What should I wear?
Comfortable weather appropriate clothing and footwear. Sun protection is a must even on overcast days. A light jacket/cardigan may come in handy offshore as it can be a little breezy.
6. Is there anything else I should bring?
• Your camera .
• Cash. eftpos facilities are available but can be limited particularly whilst offshore.
7. Is the boat suitable for children ?
Yes, the Fantasea Catamarans are family friendly, children must always be supervised by an adult. Please Note: an infant, regardless of age is considered a passenger.
8. Can I BYO?
A light lunch is provided but you are welcome to bring your own lunch as well. BYO BEVERAGES ARE NOT PERMITTED.
9. What is the light lunch?
Our custom deluxe lunch boxes contain:
3 Ribbon Sandwich | mini Brioche Slider | tub yogurt w’ Berries | cheese & crackers
Sandwich fillings include: Roast beef and swiss cheese | Chicken & herb mayo | egg and mayo
Brioche Slider filling: Roast veg, fetta and pesto brioche
10. How many people will be on board?
Each vessel will be capped to the appropriate number of guests for both comfort and off shore safety. If you would like to know exactly how many guests will be on board the vessel you are booking please speak to one of our friendly team members.
11. How close will you get to the boats?
Our captain’s will endeavour to get as close to the action as possible whilst still abiding by maritime safety rules and regulations, keeping a respectable distance from the competing yachts.
12. Will the boat go out of the heads?
Our offshore Boxing Day cruises endeavour to follow the vessels down to Bondi Beach provided that the weather conditions permit.
Spectacular day on the harbour. Sydney to Hobart begins
Beautiful weather and awesome cruise (on Fantasea Avalon) on beautiful Sydney harbour. The skipper did a brilliant job of getting and keeping us in a brilliant spot for the beginning of the Sydney to Hobart race. The race began and off we went following the fleet out the heads and South (only to Bronte for us). The skipper and crew did an excellent job keeping us content. The food was a great little snack pack and we were allowed to take other nibblies on board. The bar appeared well stocked. An absolute winner of a day. Thank you so very much Fantasea. We have done cruises every Australia Day for 20 years BUT this was our first Boxing Day cruise and it was superb.” –Kate M | Dec 26 2018 Read this review on Trip Advisor
Cruise for Sydney to Hobart race start
Had a great day on the harbour with Fantasea. Boat was modern, air conditioned and comfortable. We were well positioned to see the start of the race and went a long way out past the heads almost to Maroubra. Would do it again next year.” –Aussie3737 | Dec 26 2018 Read this review on Trip Advisor
Capt was right up with the Super yacht leaders all the way to Bondi
Be prepared for a rough ride outside the heads but totally worth it. Exciting to see all classes of yachts once we did turn to head for home. Amazing day and great value.” –Teena H | Dec 26 2018 Read this review on Trip Advisor
Absolute must experience on Boxing Day
We did the Boxing day Sydney to Hobart cruise. It was one of the best experiences my husband and I have had … after travelling the world we are so lucky to have this in our back yard.
All crew were super polite and helpful our captain made us feel like we were part of the Sydney to Hobart keeping up front where all the action was.
Lunch was a lovely fresh snack box and good selection of premium beers (not sure what the wine was).
This will be our Boxing day thing from now on ….. don’t forget your sunblock as we are definitely sporting the worst sunburn today lol” –Sheena T | Dec 26 2018 Read this review on Trip Advisor