Enjoy a ferry ride and later on have lunch at Club Palm Beach. A perfect way to spend quality time in Pittwater.
See the majestic beauty of the humpback whale during their migration from Antarctica up the east coast of Australia along with panoramic views of the Palm Beaches idyllic coastline.
Your Whale Cruise Includes:
- An experienced marine biologist on board
- See the breathtaking sights of Broken Bay and Palm Beach
- Complimentary tea and coffee, snacks and refreshments available for purchase
Pittwater’s Best Wildlife Adventure
Ever dreamed of getting close to a majestic humpback whale? Join this scenic Palm Beach whale watching cruise for an unforgettable close-up look at these amazing creatures as they migrate to warmer seas.
Humpback whales are considered to be the best species for whale watching, and are also known to be the most acrobatic of all the whale species. Each whale has unique markings on the underside of the tail. No two are the same. Watch as dark figures move just feet from the boat—mother humpbacks gliding through the water with calves by their side. You might even be lucky enough to observe 45 tonnes of whale leaping right out of the water!
Not only do you get the chance to get up-close and personal with these charismatic creatures, but your Palm Beach whale cruise also includes:
- An experienced accredited marine host on board, giving explanations about the whales and their behaviour
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable crew performing guidance and commentary, explaining the history and wildlife of Sydney’s Northern Beaches. If you have a question, we can answer it!
- Plenty of room for viewing – we limit our capacity so everyone gets front row views to the whale show.
- See the breathtaking sights of Broken Bay and Palm Beach coastline with unique photo opportunities
- Complimentary tea and coffee while inside the heads. Snacks and refreshments available for cash and card purchase.
*Please inform staff/crew if you suffer from seasickness at the time of booking and boarding the vessel.
Cruise Schedule Cruise Dates Northern Migration 24th June / 1st July / 8th July Southern Migration 30th September / 7th October / 14th October Departure Location Departure Time Palm Beach Wharf 08:45 Patonga Wharf 09:15
Activity Duration Scenic cruise to Patonga* 30 minutes Sprint to the “Whale Highway” 30 minutes The Whale Experience! 60 – 90 minutes Cruise back to Palm Beach** 30 – 45 minutes
*Departing from Palm Beach
**Please note all cruises return directly to Palm Beach Wharf. Guests of our Whale Watching Cruise can use our regular Ferry Service to return to Patonga, free of charge on the same day.