Whale Watching – Sydney
Sydney’s best wildlife adventure: Season End For 2017
If you’ve ever dreamed of getting up close and personal with whales, now is your chance! Here in Sydney we observe the annual migration of humpback whales from May through until November. Humpback whales are considered to be the best species for whale watching. Compared to other whales, they are very playful and are often seen tail or fin slapping. You might even be lucky enough to observe 45 tonnes of whale leaping right out of the water!
Not only will you get the chance to get up close and personal with these charismatic creatures on the best whale watching boat in Sydney, but your cruise also includes:
- An experienced marine biologist on board, giving expert explanations about the whales and their behaviour.
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable crew performing guidance and commentary, explaining the history and wildlife of Sydney Harbour. If you have a question, we can answer it!
- Plenty of room for viewing – we limit our capacity so everyone gets front row views to the whale show. No crowding or cramped spaces like many other vessels.
- Cruise aboard the newest, largest, and most comfortable whale watching catamaran in Sydney. Our large, safe vessel is stable in all but the highest seas, so no need to worry about being tossed about!
- See the iconic sights of Sydney Harbour with unique photo opportunities – the Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, Fort Denison and more.
- Complimentary tea and coffee while inside the harbour. Snacks and refreshments available for cash and card purchase.
- NEW – Listen to your whales on our new underwater microphone.
Step Inside The Secret Life Of Whales
Want to overhear what your whales are talking about? Here at Fantasea Cruising, we have an underwater microphone on board so we can hear the whales sing, chat and play! Our Hydrophone is the same model that is used by scientists to investigate whale acoustics around the world. Fantasea is the only whale watching boat in Sydney to have this technology on board, so if you want to hear your whales then jump on board with Fantasea Cruising Sydney*.
*Hydrophone is used when conditions permit.
*please inform staff/crew if you suffer from seasickness at the time of booking and boarding the vessel
Monday to Thursday
Friday to Sunday
Some Of Our Happy Customers!
Migaloo as the star!
Thanks again for the terrific whale cruise yesterday, with Migaloo as the star. It was unforgettable! I mentioned the work being done with dogs to locate whale droppings. This could be fun for your customers to hear about along with the breath sampling by drones.
Wonderful Whale watching
We went on a whale watching cruise with Fantasea. The boat was big and new and the crew friendly and well informed. The crew included two marine biologists. We were lucky that we saw a lot of whales. My only regret was that the time passed too quickly. Could have stayed out at sea watching the whales for many more hours.
Whale Watching Wow.
We did a whale watching cruise and it was fantastic. The boat was lovely. It was clean, comfortable, and had many viewing areas as well as a warmer inside area. We saw a number of whales up close and personal. Staff was lovely. It was quite rocky out on the water so not recommended if you suffer sea sickness. I great day out.
Simple Booking Process, Sparkling Clean and Spacious Boat
We loved this curiouser, simple booking process, sparkling clean and spacious boat, marine biologist onboard and friendly staff.
Good whale watching cruise
We did the whale watching trip in mid-July. We got tickets on the day at Circular Quay. The boat is very spacious and organised. The staff was very friendly. We were offered ginger tablets on board to help prevent sea sickness which was great as the seas were rocky.
BEST whale watching cruise ever.
Great views of Harbour bridge and opera house before departing to whale breeding ground / migrating area for viewing. Super friendly staffs, biologist who gave detailed information about whales. Spotted 2 humpback whales shortly after reaching. We were lucky as biologist told us that we are supposed to keep at least 100metres distance away from them but these 2 were so close to us!
Whale Watching Cruise
We really enjoyed our trip out from Darling Harbour with Fantasea Cruising. The crew was very helpful, there was cafe and bar facilities on board, the captain was also really good with navigating and getting close to the whales we spotted without disturbing them. Special mention to Cassie, the tour ‘speaker’, who made us feel very welcome, spoke very informatively about the whales and we learned lots, and also gave us great advice about avoiding sea sickness which helped a lot! Will definitely do this again.