Whale Watching Sydney
WHALE WATCHING RETURNS – MAY 2017
Ever dreamed of getting up close and personal with whales? Now is your chance! Here in Sydney we observe the annual migration of humpback whales from May through until November. Humpback whales are considered to be the best species for whale watching. Compared to other whales, they are very playful and are often seen tail or fin slapping. You might even be lucky enough to observe 45 tonnes of whale leaping right out of the water!
Not only will you get the chance to get up close and personal with these charismatic creatures on the best whale watching boat in Sydney, but your cruise also includes:
- An experienced marine biologist on board, giving expert explanations about the whales and their behaviour
- NEW – Listen to your whales on our new underwater microphone (see below)
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable crew
- Plenty of room for viewing – we limit our capacity so everyone gets front row views to the whale show. No crowding or cramped spaces like many other vessels.
- Cruise aboard the newest, largest, and most comfortable whale watching catamaran in Sydney. Our large, safe vessel is stable in all but the highest seas, so no need to worry about being tossed about!
- Full harbour commentary, explaining the history and wildlife of Sydney Harbour. This can be tailored to your requirements – if you have a question, we can answer it!
- See the iconic sights of Sydney Harbour with unique photo opportunities – the Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, Fort Denison and more.
- Snacks and refreshments available for cash and card purchase
- Complimentary tea and coffee while inside the harbour.
- Whale sightings – if you don’t see a whale, you get a complementary return cruise.
NEW – STEP INSIDE THE SECRET LIFE OF WHALES
Want to overhear what your whales are talking about? Here at Fantasea, we have an underwater microphone on board so we can hear the whales sing, chat and play! Our underwater microphone is the same model that is used by scientists to investigate whale acoustics around the world. Fantasea is the only whale watching boat in Sydney to have this technology on board, so if you want to hear your whales then jump on board with Fantasea Cruising Sydney.
*Hydrophone is used when conditions permit.
*please inform staff/crew if you suffer from seasickness at the time of booking and boarding the vessel